[strongSwan] seeking advice: pfs on creating a child_sa?

ValdikSS iam at valdikss.org.ru
Thu Mar 3 19:42:36 CET 2016

I'd also like someone to clarify this question. From what I understand currently, using EDH for IKE_SA is a PFS as it is in "usual" SSL/TLS (e.g. in HTTPS) —
you'll get new EDH key for every new IKE_SA negotiation.
But EDH in CHILD_SA is what you would call "key rotation". If you use EDH in CHILD_CA, you'll get new EDH key every rekey, i.e. every hour or so.
Is this correct?