[strongSwan] syntax error, unexpected $end, expecting NAME or NEWLINE or '}' [`]

Thu Mar 3 15:45:10 CET 2016

Am 03.03.2016 um 14:59 schrieb Thomas Egerer:
> Hi Nicolas,
>
> On 03/03/2016 12:23 PM, Nicolas Göddel wrote:
>> Hi @ all,
>>
>> I just upgraded my strongswan installation to version 5.3.5. Before I used
>> strongswan version 5.1.2 directly from the ubuntu repository.
>>
>> After "make" and "make install" it all works, but only for a day. Now I get this
>> error:
>>
>> syntax error, unexpected $end, expecting NAME or NEWLINE or '}' [`]
>> invalid config file '/etc/strongswan.conf'
>>
>> The content of '/etc/strongswan.conf' is:
>>
>> # strongswan.conf - strongSwan configuration file
>> #
>> # Refer to the strongswan.conf(5) manpage for details
>> #
>> # Configuration changes should be made in the included files
>>
>> charon {
>>     load_modular = yes
>>     plugins {
>>         include strongswan.d/charon/*.conf
>>     }
>> }
> Since your strongswan.conf file looks fine, maybe one of the included
> files is misformatted. Go ahead and check that.
>
> Cheers,
> Thomas
I checked all 42 configuration files in /etc/strongswan.d/charon/ and all files
seem correctly formatted. They all have a format like this:

some_name {
    # some comment
    load = yes
}

There is only one special file resolve.conf which looks like this:

resolve {

    # File where to add DNS server entries.
    # file = /etc/resolv.conf

    # Whether to load the plugin. Can also be an integer to increase the
    # priority of this plugin.
    load = yes

    resolvconf {

        # Prefix used for interface names sent to resolvconf(8).
        # iface_prefix = lo.inet.ipsec.

    }

}

All files have two empty lines at the end. I can not see any error here.
According to the 'file' tool all files are ASCII text files.