[strongSwan] Support for "Intel quickAssist IPSec Accelerator card" on strongswan

Patil, Shashidhar 1. (Nokia - IN/Bangalore) shashidhar.1.patil at nokia.com
Mon Jul 25 14:13:43 CEST 2016

Hi,

I'm planning to use the Intel's IPSec accelerator card on a Linux machine for enhancing the encryption/decryption rate and would like to know if this can be supported with strongswan.
If I understand correctly the strongswan creates the IPSec (ESP) sessions and we need to have a channel/mechanism(netlink or so?) to pass-on the session keys to this accelerator card so that it encrypt/decrypt the packets at line rate.

I'm referring to the following link of Intel for this.
http://www.intel.in/content/dam/www/public/us/en/documents/solution-briefs/integrated-cryptographic-compression-accelerators-brief.pdf

Kindly guide us on this.

Best regards,
Shashidhar Patil.