[strongSwan] VPN with preshared Key between BB10 and Raspberry-Pi

Christian Klugesherz christian.klugesherz at gmail.com
Tue Jul 19 17:05:09 CEST 2016

Hi Tobias,

Many thanks for your help.
I'm sorry that I consume your time.
(I'm a not IPSec expert, even I've spent now weeks reading docs.)
I must confess that it is really-really difficult to integrate all
these information, between - configurations files -CA, different SAs -
Device, ...
So many possibilities, that I'm a bit lost :-(
And I'm near to give it up..

Does that mean that with the configuration setup on my BB10, I have to
change it now in order to integrate the CA (see below)

CA created with
-------------------------
$ sudo ipsec pki --gen --type rsa --size 4096 --outform pem > CAKey.pem
$ sudo cp CAKey.pem /etc/ipsec.d/private
$ sudo ipsec pki --self --ca --lifetime 3650 --in CAKey.pem --type rsa
--dn "C=DE, O=Home Network, CN=Root CA" --outform pem > CACert.pem
$ sudo cp CACert.pem /etc/ipsec.d/cacerts/
$ sudo ipsec pki --gen --type rsa --size 2048 --outform pem > VPNHostKey.pem
$ sudo cp VPNHostKey.pem /etc/ipsec.d/private/
$ sudo ipsec pki --pub --in VPNHostKey.pem --type rsa | ipsec pki
--issue --lifetime 3650 --cacert CACert.pem --cakey CAKey.pem --dn
"C=DE, O=Home VPN, CN=ckl.freeboxos.fr" --san ckl.freeboxos.fr --flag
serverAuth --flag ikeIntermediate --outform pem > VPNHostCert.pem

Configuration on my BB10.
Profile Name             : home
Server Address           : 78.229.20.105
Gateway Type             : Generic IKEv2 VPN Server
Authentication Type      : EAP-MSCHAPv2
Authentication ID Type   : email
ID Authentication        : alice            (not used can be enything)
MSCHAPv2 EAP Identity    : alice            (not used can be enything)
MSCHAPv2 Username        : alice            (-->username in ipsec.secrets)
MSCHAPv2 Password        : alicep        (-->alice pasword in ipsec.secrets)
Gateway Auth Type        : PSK
Gateway Auth ID Type     : IPv4
Gateway Preshared Key    : 123456#    (-->PSK password in ipsec.secrets)

Regards

Christian