[strongSwan] Initiator only for certain connections?

Tobias Brunner tobias at strongswan.org
Mon Jul 18 14:01:19 CEST 2016

Hi,

> is it possible to tell StrongSwan that it should act as initiator only, but only for certain connections

auto=add?  strongSwan does not initiate such connections unless
explicitly told to do so (via `ipsec up`).

> or as responder only, but again only for certain connections?

right=%any or right=<subnet>?  The daemon won't be able to initiate such
connections as it doesn't know to which endpoint, so these connections
will only be usable as responder.

> For example, if I would like company A to establish a VPN connection
> into my network (but not vice versa), and I would like to establish a
> (different, of course) VPN connection to company B (but not vice versa),
> how could I achieve that?

Is there a good reason for these requirements?

Regards,
Tobias