[strongSwan] VPN with preshared Key between BB10 and Raspberry-Pi

Tobias Brunner tobias at strongswan.org
Thu Jul 14 11:23:49 CEST 2016

Hi Christian,

> No I don't have any error on the startup

I was not referring to the console output.  Did you check the log?

>          !! Your strongswan.conf contains manual plugin load options for charon.
>          !! This is recommended for experts only, see
>          !! http://wiki.strongswan.org/projects/strongswan/wiki/PluginLoad

Did you read the above document?

> I guess that : eap-mschapv2  is not loaded, even I have require it in
> strongswan.conf
> How can I fix it ?

It can't be loaded if it's not available.  And according to `ipsec
listall` MD4 and DES are both missing, which are required to implement
the EAP-MSCHAPv2 protocol.  So even if the plugin would be available it
can't be used.  These algorithms are provided by the `des` and `md4`
plugins or one of the crypto wrappers i.e. `openssl` or `gcrypt` - none
of these are currently loaded on your system.  Neither is the
eap-identity plugin, which has no other dependencies.

If you built strongSwan yourself you have to rebuild it with the
appropriate `--enable-...` options (run `make clean` before rebuilding).
 If you installed strongSwan from distribution packages you might have
to install additional packages that provide these plugins.

Regards,
Tobias