[strongSwan] dhcp plugin: migration from IKEv1 to IKEv2 breaks dhcp leases

Harald Dunkel harald.dunkel at aixigo.de
Fri Jul 8 14:08:04 CEST 2016

Hi folks,

if I migrate the road warriors from IKEv1 to IKEv2, then
they get new mac addresses (using identity_lease = yes in
dhcp.conf). This breaks their dhcp lease, and we have to
register the new mac addresses in the dhcp server
configuration for mac-based access control.

Each road warrior has kept his certificate and his ID
(AFAICT), so I wonder if missed some magic to keep the
computed MAC address stable?

Every helpful comment is highly appreciated.

Harri