[strongSwan] UNITY_SAVE_PASSWD not honoured?

Tom Griffin t.griffin at sheffield.ac.uk
Fri Jul 8 09:33:53 CEST 2016

Hello,

I am successfully sending UNITY_* attrs to IKEv1 clients which support it,
but the UNITY_SAVE_PASSWD option does not seem to be accepted correctly, it
simply doesn't allow the client to save their password.

/etc/strongswan.conf snippet;

> charon {
>         plugins {
>                 include strongswan.d/charon/*.conf
>                 attr {
>                         # Banner
>                         #28672 = "TEST BANNER"
>                         # Allow password saving
>                         28673 = yes
>                         # Search domain
>                         28674 = "sheffield.ac.uk"
>                 }
>         }
> }

The banner message and search domains *do* work, but password saving
doesn't. I've tried setting the option to both "1" and "yes" and neither
seem to work, should it be set to a particular value for it to take effect?

Thanks,
Tom