[strongSwan] Connecting to Amazon VPC by a Linux-based VPN gateway.

John A. Sullivan III jsullivan at opensourcedevel.com
Fri Jan 15 05:09:55 CET 2016

On Thursday 14 January 2016 10:56:11 pm Josh wrote:
> This http://bleikertz.com/blog/amazon_vpc_with_linux.html guide uses
> racoon. Does anyone know how to use strongswan for the same task?
>
> Josh.
<snip>
We have done this successfully with StrongSWAN.  Unfortunately, I do not have
my documentation handy but I recall that, even though we wanted to use
transport mode (since we were doing GRE / IPSec), we needed to use tunnel
mode.  I do not recall if we had to use the internal address as the
rightnetwork address.

I have wall to wall meeting tomorrow but I'll see if I can dig out the setup -
John