[strongSwan] IKEv2 in El Capitan 11.2 connect on demand?

Jody Whitesides jody at jodywhitesides.com
Tue Jan 12 09:54:25 CET 2016

I’m running Strongswan 5.3.2 in debian. I’ve set it up so that I can connect using IKEv2 profile. However, due to the way Apple has implemented IKEv2 - I cannot use a 3rd party app called VPN Monitor (great little app that notices if the VPN has disconnected and reconnects you). But I see a greyed out option for “Connect On Demand”.

Does anyone know how to get this “Connect On Demand” option to work with StrongSwan in Debian?

Jody