[strongSwan] IKEv2 on demand iOS 9 how to setup?

strongswan at jodywhitesides.com strongswan at jodywhitesides.com
Tue Jan 12 20:27:08 CET 2016

I’m running Strongswan 5.3.2 in Debian. I can manually input information
into settings for a VPN profile for IKEv2 - and connect manually. So I
know that it works in iOS 9.

However I want to get IKEv2 to work 'on demand' with iOS 9. Seems the only
way to do so is with Apple Configurator. Yet when I create a profile in
Apple Configurator, using the same settings as a VPN manually entered into
the device - I cannot get the device to connect to the server.

It goes thru all the steps and hangs. Ultimately it can’t connect.

Has anyone been able to get IKEv2 to work in an ‘On Demand’ situation in
iOS 9? If so, how did you do it?

Jody