[strongSwan] Support for multiple interfaces(wired, wireless) in strongswan

Mahendra SP mahendra.sp at gmail.com
Wed Jan 6 06:45:59 CET 2016

Hi All,

I am looking in to the information regarding support for multiple
interfaces in strongswan.

If we have a device with multiple interfaces active (wired and wireless) at
the same tiem, can we have a configuration as below ?

1. Can IPsec policy be enabled for wired but not for the wireless ?
2. If policy is enabled only on wired, can we pass wireless packets without
applying IPsec ?
3. Can the above be done for both initiator and responder cases?
4. Is it possible dynamically enable/disable IPsec for a particular
interface ?

Can we use options "charon.interfaces_ignore" and charon.interfaces_use" to
achieve the above use cases ?

Thanks
Mahendra