[strongSwan] dhcp plugin: how to verify dhcp options forwarded to road warrior?

Harald Dunkel harald.dunkel at aixigo.de
Mon Apr 11 16:24:06 CEST 2016

Hi folks,

Using IKEv2 to connect to MacOS 10.11.4:

It seems that either the received DHCP options are not forwarded
to the MacOS client, or the MacOS client ignores these options.
Charon's log file entries show the DHCP discover and the received
IP address and netmask, but it doesn't show which options are
sent to the road warrior, and if this information is accepted
or rejected.

How can I verify? There are plenty of DNS related options in
strongswan 5.3.4. Which options do I *really* have to set to
make at least full DNS over IPsec work with MacOS?

Every helpful comment is highly appreciated.
Harri