[strongSwan] Keeping VPN tunnel active

Fred curious_freddy at gmsl.co.uk
Mon Apr 11 11:29:16 CEST 2016

Is there a way in Strongswan to tell it to keep a tunnel active?

I'm thinking here of devices, such as those running iOS, that do NOT
have Always-On VPN easily available but where this behavour is desired.
I'm not sure how Always On Vpn works anyway (is it proprietary?).Is
there some standards compliant way of achieving this that will work
across all devices (i.e. Windows clients, Android clients, iOS clients,
Mac OS X)?

I see there is an auto=route option to install a trap policy
responder-side but if the initiator is a road-warrior with dynamic IP
and the traffic is always going out from road-warrior to strongswan
responder would this work anyway?

Thanks.