[strongSwan] Query for Mobike responder behavior

Mukesh Yadav write2mukesh84 at gmail.com
Tue Apr 5 11:14:42 CEST 2016

Thanks Tobias... That clears a lot...
Besides mobike, you mentioned that when exchange is done on 4500 and no
NATT detected.
Strong swan sends ESP as non-UDP encapsulated.

Going by some reference earlier, I recall, even if no NATT detected and
still initiator using port 4500 for Ikev2.
It can be taken as reference that initiator wants ESP traffc as UDP
encapsulated, since many firewals/routes drop normal ESP packet and only
explicit port are configured to be allowed...
Hence for ruling out such drop, ESP packet can be send as UDP encapsulated..

As such there is no hard-rule for this scenario, but going by study
material I assume sending Tx data packet as UDP encapsulated is safe when
Ikev2 exchange is done on 4500 even without NATT..

Thanks
Mukesh