[strongSwan] NEED YOUR HELP

Bassem Mettichi mettichi at gmail.com
Fri Sep 4 07:04:53 CEST 2015

Hello,

I hope the community of strongswan can help me, iam really blocked since a
month.

In fact i don't have a private network. This is the situation, i have
implemented strongswan on my dedicated server with only eth0 interface, in
the other side they have given me 3 IPs: the first one for the gateway, the
two others for the rightsubnet

this is my actual configuration:

config setup

conn %default
        mobike=no
        compress=no
        authby=psk
        keyexchange=ikev2
        ike=aes256-sha256-modp1536!
        ikelifetime=86400s
        esp=aes256-sha256-modp1536!
        lifetime=3600s
        rekeymargin=3m
        keyingtries=3
        installpolicy=yes
        dpdaction=restart
        type=tunnel

conn host-net
rightsubnet=197..../32
also=host-host

conn host-host
        left=%defaultroute
        right=41.2.....
        auto=start

i have tested this configuration with rightsubnet = 192.168.1.0/24 and it
worked fine but with rightsubnet= public ip

the VPN is UP but there is a problem in routing when i try to send trafic
(ping for example) the trafic use the default route and go outside tunnel i
don't understand why strongswan doesn't create a route for this trafic to
go inbound the tunnel please
help me.

this is my skype: newbassou

Thanks in advance