[strongSwan] Listing Pool Lease Info

Tobias Brunner tobias at strongswan.org
Mon Oct 19 16:22:39 CEST 2015

Hi Cem,

> root at something:~# ipsec leases
> no pools found
>
> root at something:~# ipsec leases rw_pool
> pool 'rw_pool' not found
>
> Apparently I’m doing something wrong.

Not really.  It's just that the `ipsec leases` utility is limited to
listing leases handed out by the in-memory pools managed by the stroke
plugin.  So it does not list any information related to pools provided
via databases (which may be queried via the `ipsec pool` utility) or by
the vici plugin (configured via swanctl.conf/VICI).  The latter may be
queried via the `swanctl --list-pools/-A` command, but as you saw this
currently only gets you general status information.  We'd have to extend
this command to include the leases.  I pushed a couple of patches to the
vici-list-leases branch of our repository [1].  I also saw your other
email and added the assigned virtual IPs to the `--list-sas` command.

Regards,
Tobias

[1]
https://git.strongswan.org/?p=strongswan.git;a=shortlog;h=refs/heads/vici-list-leases