[strongSwan] "no trusted RSA public key found" with iOS ikev2

SM K sacho.polo at gmail.com
Thu Nov 19 08:38:54 CET 2015

Hi Tobias,

I am sorry for cross posting in dev group.
I found that it was a problem with version 5.1.3 of strongswan, The same
setup worked with 5.3.0 of strognswan. I have verified this twice, moving
up and down in strongswan versions. I have the LocalIdentifier in the CN
part of the SAN. The iOS device still sends the ID as FQDN.

Since we use strongswan 5.1.3 (with patches), i have to figure the changes
that allow version 5.3.0 to work and bring them into 5.1.3 if possible.

regards,
sk