[strongSwan] cisco unity extension on iOS devices - is it supported?

SM K sacho.polo at gmail.com
Sat Nov 14 03:49:46 CET 2015

Hi,

I am trying to test use of unity plugin in strongswan for connections from
iOS devices (iPhone/iPad). There is mention of this working in the forums.

But when i do a pcap on the IKEv1 connection request, I do not see the
CISCO UNITY vendor ID in the initial contact from the iOS device.

A profile is being installed on the iOS device to do VPN. Does anyone know
if cisco unity is supported in the racoon codebase it uses? Does something
need to be done to support unity extension on the device?

regards,
sk