[strongSwan] separate routes for VPN and Internet traffic: can this form of "split tunneling" be configured in ipsec.conf?

Noel Kuntze noel at familie-kuntze.de
Sun May 31 17:31:25 CEST 2015

Hello Alan,

IPsec on Linux nowadays is policy based, not route based.
You need to write bypass/passthrough policies that define what
traffic should not be subject to IPsec processing

Look at the test scenarios[1][2] for that to get an idea on
how to define it.

[1]https://www.strongswan.org/uml/testresults/ikev2/shunt-policies-nat-rw/index.html
[2]https://www.strongswan.org/uml/testresults/sql/shunt-policies-nat-rw/index.html

Mit freundlichen Grüßen/Kind Regards,
Noel Kuntze

GPG Key ID: 0x63EC6658
Fingerprint: 23CA BB60 2146 05E7 7278 6592 3839 298F 63EC 6658