[strongSwan] PKCS#12 and leftid

Jacques Monin jacques.monin01 at gmail.com
Wed May 20 13:14:00 CEST 2015

Indeed, the certificates were not created with the option -utf8 so by
default the fields are interpreted as ASCII.

I tried to create a certificate with this option and it now works well.

However, I would need to be able to use the old certificates I have. Is
there still any way to use them ?

I tried to use prefix in leftid, I read in strongswan wiki : "For example,
*ipv4:10.0.0.1* does not create a valid ID_IPV4_ADDR IKE identity, as it
does not get converted to binary
0x0a000001. Instead, one could use *ipv4:#0a000001* to get a valid
identity".

Do I have to convert unicode to binary to have something like
leftid=asn1dn:#0a010110101...

Moreover the sharp sign seems to be interpreted as commentary in bash, how
am I suppose to prevent it ?