[strongSwan] Connection marking and multiple tunnels

Noel Kuntze noel at familie-kuntze.de
Tue May 19 17:08:48 CEST 2015

Hello Justin,

I have the following questions:

What strongSwan version do you use?
What kernel version do you use?
What is the output of "ipsec statusall", when both tunnels are up?
What is the output of "ip -s xfrm policy"?
Do you have a log of the start of strongswan, so we can see if the parser picks it up?

Also, please only set mark_out.
Otherwise, you also have to apply the mark in *mangle INPUT (or PREROUTING),
so the kernel decapsulates the packets.

It seems as the kernel either does know mark values as part of XFRM policies
or the parser does not pick it up.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen/Kind Regards,
Noel Kuntze

GPG Key ID: 0x63EC6658
Fingerprint: 23CA BB60 2146 05E7 7278 6592 3839 298F 63EC 6658