[strongSwan] StrongSwan with Amazon VPC rightsourceip subnet routing?

Mark M mark076h at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 25 23:31:09 CET 2015

I fixed this by doing NAT on the strongSwan host for the virtual ip.
iptables -A POSTROUTING -t NAT -j SNAT --to-source <VPN IP Adress>

     On Wednesday, March 18, 2015 8:28 PM, Mark M <mark076h at yahoo.com> wrote:

 I have an Amazon VPC/EC2 instance running strongSwan for my Android client to connect to and have its internet requests sent out the VPC instance and back. The strongSwan server itself is running fine but I cannot figure out how to route the rightsourceip subnet back to the instance, and the righsouceip subnet never seems to leave the VPC subnet. I have rightsourceip=192.168.9.0/24 and I see the assigned virtual IP trying to get out of the VPC but it looks like it gets stopped at the instance gateway. I put 192.168.9.0 in the route table pointing to the server IP, but I don't know if this has to be an assigned subnet or not?
Has anyone done a road-warrior setup on Amazon EC2 and know how to route the virtual ip/subnet back to the server?
Thanks,