[strongSwan] Ipsec auto start on a reboot

Fred curious_freddy at gmsl.co.uk
Wed Mar 11 16:09:59 CET 2015

On 11/03/2015 14:49, meenakshi bangad wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I did not see any init script for starting "ipsec" on a reboot. I am
> running Strongswan-5.2.2 on Centos 6.5 and would like it to start up
> automatically on a system start up.
>
> Is there an existing script or I need to make my own and put it in
> /etc/init.d/ and use "chkconfig" to set up the autstart.

If you got it from epel you should be able to do:

# chkconfig ipsec on

Interestingly I ran into this problem today myself on Debian. If you
reboot Debian, strongSwan is not available (seems to be a problem with
packaging in Wheezy and also Wheezy backports).

To fix this:

# update-rc.d ipsec defaults