[strongSwan] strongSwan Android client stops working if connection to server is lost

Mark M mark076h at yahoo.com
Mon Mar 9 05:47:50 CET 2015

I have the strongSwan Android client working great on my galaxy S3 and connecting to my strongSwan server without a problem. However, I just realized that if I restart the strongSwan service on the server or the network connection goes down, the client on Android will not reestablish the connection. When this happens the client seems to be frozen and selecting disconnect does not do anything. I have to restart the phone to get it working again and connect back to my server.
Is this a known issue?
Thanks,
Mark-