[strongSwan] Where does strongswan get it's DH parameters from?

G. gawd0wns at hotmail.com
Sat Mar 7 20:56:52 CET 2015

To clarify, my current strongswan server setup is running v5.2.1.

From: gawd0wns at hotmail.com
To: users at lists.strongswan.org
Subject: Where does strongswan get it's DH parameters from?
Date: Sat, 7 Mar 2015 16:54:36 -0300

I had an openvpn server running in the past and the server and users all needed DH parameters to be generated to a file, which took a long time to generate in each instance.  I am curious since my current server config strictly uses DH group 21 (ecp521), though I have never generated any DH parameter files or elliptic curve private/public key files.