[strongSwan] StrongSwan support for IPsec pre-fragmentation

Harry Chan-Maestas harry.chan.maestas at gmail.com
Sat Mar 7 02:42:22 CET 2015

Hi,

I am a new StrongSwan user, having switched recently from racoon, and I
have a question about IPsec packet fragmentation.

In racoon, there is a configuration option "esp_frag". When enabled, racoon
will set IPsec to fragment jumbo frames before ESP is applied. I have been
look through StrongSwan's Wiki, but have not found any configuration
options which would achieve that effect.

Would anyone have some suggestions on alternative methods I can take?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you,

Harry