[strongSwan] Compiling 5.2.2 for CentOS troubles

Aaron Roquena aroquena at motorola.com
Thu Mar 5 00:29:59 CET 2015

I'm trying to install 5.2.2 from source since there's not an RPM for CentOS
6 at the moment and experiencing problems. I try

./configure --prefix=/usr --sysconfdir=/etc \
--enable-acert \
--enable-curl \
--enable-dhcp \
--enable-eap-gtc \
--enable-eap-identity \
--enable-eap-md5 \
--enable-eap-mschapv2 \
--enable-eap-peap \
--enable-eap-tls \
--enable-eap-ttls \
--enable-farp \
--enable-md4 \
--enable-openssl \
--enable-vici \
--enable-xauth-eap \
--enable-xauth-noauth \
--enable-xauth-pam \
--enable-cmd

and when I go to run  "ipsec starter", my old config files from 5.2.0 rpm
don't work and the below warning pop up.  The configs are for an IPSec VPN.
The VPN doesn't connect. What am I missing?

> ipsec starter
Starting strongSwan 5.2.2 IPsec [starter]...
# deprecated keyword 'nat_traversal' in config setup
# unknown keyword 'oe'
# unknown keyword 'protostack'
# deprecated keyword 'virtual_private' in config setup
# unknown keyword 'phase2'
# unknown keyword 'phase2alg'
# unknown keyword 'rightsubnets'
### 7 parsing errors (0 fatal) ###