[strongSwan] [RESOLVED] Working simple setup was working, now no packets pass

James Lay jlay at slave-tothe-box.net
Mon Mar 2 18:29:32 CET 2015

On 2015-03-02 02:53 AM, Martin Willi wrote:
> Hi James,
>
>> Here's the log with error...
>
>> 08[ENC] generating IKE_AUTH response 1 [ IDr CERT AUTH CPRP(ADDR) SA
>> TSi TSr N(AUTH_LFT) N(MOBIKE_SUP) N(ADD_4_ADDR) ]
>> 08[NET] sending packet: from server.external.ip[4500] to
>> client.external.ip[15546] (2204 bytes)
>> 11[NET] received packet: from client.external.ip[15546] to
>> server.external.ip[4500] (1916 bytes)
>> 11[ENC] parsed IKE_AUTH request 1 [ IDi CERT N(INIT_CONTACT) CERTREQ
>> IDr AUTH CPRQ(ADDR DNS) SA TSi TSr N(MOBIKE_SUP) N(ADD_4_ADDR)
>> N(MULT_AUTH) N(EAP_ONLY) ]
>> 11[IKE] received retransmit of request with ID 1, retransmitting
>> response
>
> I don't see much of an error here. The client is successfully
> authenticated and the SA is set up. The client retransmits the
> IKE_AUTH
> request, most likely because the first IKE_AUTH response gets lost.
>
> Please check where/why the message gets lost if this is reproducible,
> and what the error is on the client.
>
> Regards
> Martin

Well this was new....after taking the laptop and putting it on a remote
network, it ran like a champ as expected...connection, no
retransmissions, no issues at all...packets flowed and I could ping what
I needed.  So....what changed?  The OS on the phone I was using for
tethering. Let the records show that not all tethering is equal I guess.
Thanks again.

James