[strongSwan] xAuth request for VICI

Martin Willi martin at strongswan.org
Mon Mar 2 10:47:04 CET 2015

Hi Sam,

> 1) Is there alternative for 'leftfirewall=yes' in the VICI interface to
> automatically setup iptables rules?

There is no option for the default updown script, but you may manually
specify "ipsec _updown" in the CHILD_SA "updown" configuration option.

> 2) What is the syntax for loading a secret in via VICI. My current format (
> `load_shared({'type': 'xauth', 'data': 'test : XAUTH "test"'})` ) says it
> loads successfully but does not authenticate.

"data" takes the raw secret string ("test") only. The type is defined
with the "type" keyword, and associated identities in a "owners" list of
identity strings.