[strongSwan] Combining authentication types

Fred curious_freddy at gmsl.co.uk
Fri Jun 26 11:41:45 CEST 2015

Hi all,

In the very clear and well written StrongSwan wiki there is a section on
setting up Windows 7 and newer
(https://wiki.strongswan.org/projects/strongswan/wiki/Windows7).

Detailed are various authentication scenarios: 'Authentication using
X.509 Machine Certificates',  Authentication using X.509 User
Certificates, and Authentication using EAP-MSCHAP v2.

I have gotten these to work all individually by following the instructions.

But, is it possible to have a configuration on the server where client
certificates OR MSCHAPv2 are acceptable ? And to complicate things
further, also be able to support the StrongSwan Mac OX Client (is this
just 'Authentication using EAP-MSCHAP v2' or slightly different) ?

Ideally I'd like to be able to connect from Windows (using certs or
mschapv2) OR Mac OS X.

Fred