[strongSwan] Win 8.1 fails to connect - error 809 - fragmentation problem?

ck at conrad-kostecki.de ck at conrad-kostecki.de
Tue Jun 9 17:40:38 CEST 2015

Am 2015-06-08 00:38, schrieb Noel Kuntze:

>>> I googled error 809 for WIndows 8.1 and it means, that the remote
>>> server didn't respond.
>>> Check intermediate and local firewalls to check if they allow
>>> outbound
>>> IPsec traffic.

I've now installed strongswan on my gentoo notebook, which is on the
same network and subnet, as my windows box.
The gentoo notebook can connect fine and is working.

So the problem can't be the router, as both devices are on the same
switch and going through my router.

Any ideas, what could be wrong on windows?

Conrad