[strongSwan] Win 8.1 fails to connect - error 809 - fragmentation problem?

Noel Kuntze noel at familie-kuntze.de
Mon Jun 8 00:38:38 CEST 2015

Hello Conrad,

Use stateful firewalling. See [1] for a good template to start out with.
Forwarded traffic passes through the filter table in the FORWARD chain.
Only traffic destined for the host itself goes through the filter table
in the INPUT chain.
See this[2] diagram for details.
Some more information about firewalling on linux can be reached
over the other links[3][4][5][6].

[1] https://github.com/QueuingKoala/netfilter-samples
[2] http://inai.de/images/nf-packet-flow.png
[3] http://sfvlug.editthis.info/wiki/Things_You_Should_Know_About_Netfilter
[4] https://www.frozentux.net/iptables-tutorial/chunkyhtml/x4033.html
[5] https://www.frozentux.net/documents/iptables-tutorial/
[6] http://inai.de/documents/Perfect_Ruleset.pdf

Mit freundlichen Grüßen/Kind Regards,
Noel Kuntze

GPG Key ID: 0x63EC6658
Fingerprint: 23CA BB60 2146 05E7 7278 6592 3839 298F 63EC 6658