[strongSwan] charon: 13[IKE] no trusted RSA public key found

Michael C. Cambria mcc at fid4.com
Wed Jun 3 14:56:46 CEST 2015

Hi,

I have StrongSwan as both ends of a tunnel.  One end is using ipsec.conf
and the other is using MySql, the later based on [0]

When the MySql side tried to initiate a connection, I get:

Jun  2 15:14:05 thing0 charon: 13[CFG] no issuer certificate found for
"C=US, O=Test, CN=test.example.com"
Jun  2 15:14:05 thing0 charon: 13[IKE] no trusted RSA public key found
for 'test.example.com'
Jun  2 15:14:05 thing0 charon: 13[ENC] generating INFORMATIONAL request
2 [ N(AUTH_FAILED) ]

The remote end likes the CA Cert and responds, so the SQL for the cert
seems correct.

On the sql side, if I put the PEM self signed CA Cert in ipsec.d/cacert
and it's key in ipsec.d/private, restart StrongSwan... the connection
does come up (the sql is not modified, the cert etc is still there.)

In the SQL, the first 3 identities are for the CA Cert; id2sql of "C=US,
O=Test, CN=test.example.com", subjectPublicKey and subjectPublicKeyInfo.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
MikeC

[0]