[strongSwan] host2host-cert using sql

Michael C. Cambria mcc at fid4.com
Tue Jun 2 20:52:59 CEST 2015

On 05/29/2015 03:32 PM, Michael C. Cambria wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Is there an example of MySQL configuration for host2host?
>
> I'm migrating a working host2host setup from .conf to MySql.  To keep
> things simple, only one end is moving to sql.
>
> I've been looking at [0] as a guide and have something "almost" working.
>
> For host2host, I don't know what values to put in the
> traffic_selectors table, if any.  In the ipsec.conf case, I just leave
> left|rightsubnet out of the config.
>
> With no values in the traffic_selectors table, or when I use
> start_addr=<IPv4-addr> end_addr=<IPv4-addr>, or other guesses, the
> IKE_SA comes up, but I get:
>
> received TS_UNACCEPTABLE notify, no CHILD_SA built
> failed to establish CHILD_SA, keeping IKE_SA

Using the tunnel endpoint as both the start_addr & end_addr works.  When
I first tried, I had "kind" set to 0 in both rows of
child_config_traffic_selector table.  I have no idea what "kind" means
(it doesn't show up in [1]) , but the sample sql for net2net-cert had
kind=1 in the second child_config_traffic_selector.

[1] https://wiki.strongswan.org/projects/strongswan/wiki/ConnSection