[strongSwan] payload of type AUTH more than 1 times (2) occurred in current message

Alexis Salinas asalinas at sierrawireless.com
Mon Jul 20 19:09:11 CEST 2015

From: Alexis Salinas
Sent: July 14, 2015 12:05
To: Andreas Steffen
Subject: RE: [strongSwan] payload of type AUTH more than 1 times (2) occurred in current message

Thanks for the reply Andreas.

That is what I thought too, but I was wondering if that was allowed. So, thank you  for the strong clarification.

Do you know if this was allowed in IKEv1 and perhaps these guys just re-use part of their code?

As per your request, here are 2 files. One with ike=3 enabled, which didn't show much more detail around the error. On the second fiIe I also enable enc=2 in case that is more useful (you can see the parsing and verification of the message)

Let me know if you need anything else.

Cheers,
Alexis.