[strongSwan] VPN with Windows 8.1 with eap-radius and ldap-samba4ad backend

Sascha Marcel Hacker smhrambo at googlemail.com
Mon Jul 6 14:19:46 CEST 2015

Hello,
I have a problem with my strongswan configuration. I want to establish a
vpn between strongswan and my windows 8.1 pc. But I want an radius-ldap
backend to check the users. My first try was a mschapv2 connection, which
works. I switched the peap-mschapv2 to eap-radius and added the radius
server to the strongswan.conf.
But if I now start a VPN, the radius-server reject the request, because he
couldn't find the user. It seams to be that the vpn client didn't send the
user and the password correctly. I think the problem is a wrong
configuration of the vpn client. I think it is the eap-mschapv2 option, but
I have no idea what I have to choose.

Here are the Config and Log files:
ipsec.conf           http://pastebin.com/m4UvtNXP
ipsec.secrets      http://pastebin.com/VC9UmsGg