[strongSwan] AES-GCM for ESP

Joshua Liebow-Feeser joshlf13 at gmail.com
Tue Jul 7 23:17:10 CEST 2015

Hi,

I'm trying to set up strongSwan to use AES-GCM as the encryption algorithm
for ESP. I'd like this to be parallelized, so I'm trying to use pcrypt, but
whenever I try to instantiate the proper kernel support, I get errors:

$ sudo modprobe tcrypt alg="pcrypt(rfc4106(gcm(aes-aesni)))" type=3
FATAL: Error inserting tcrypt
(/lib/modules/3.13.0-55-generic/kernel/crypto/tcrypt.ko): Unknown symbol in
module, or unknown parameter (see dmesg)
$ dmesg | tail -n 1
[...] tcrypt: one or more tests failed!

Any idea what's going on here or how I could fix it? Thanks!
Cheers,
Josh