[strongSwan] Configuring asymmetric PSK's?

Ruel, Ryan rruel at akamai.com
Tue Jul 7 21:23:36 CEST 2015

I am trying to configure a connection where I use an FQDN identifier for my local ID, and an e-mail address for the remote identifier.

Both use the same domain name.

I have set a secret for each in ipsec.secrets, which I would like to be asymmetric.

What I find, however, is that strongSwan is using "abc123" for both keys.  I can verify this with a Cisco CSR by setting the local and remote pre-shared key to abc123, and the connection comes up.

Is there a way to do this?

/Ryan

ipsec.secrets:
@foo.bar.com : PSK 123abc