[strongSwan] OS X Native app and DNS woes continued

Fred curious_freddy at gmsl.co.uk
Thu Jul 2 11:50:27 CEST 2015

Yosemite 10.10.4 is now out and I know they've made some DNS changes:

"The update replaces discoveryd with mDNSResponder for handling DNS
processes."

As I've had DNS issues using the StrongSwan app (which I've worked
around by manually adding my DNS server post-connect)  I thought I'd try
this update to see if it fixes them. Others here have also reported
problems with the native app and DNS.

Sadly DNS still doesn't work with strongSwan and Mac OS X 10.10.4. The
DNS servers get installed (as they did even on previous 10.10.x updates)
and I can see them via scutil --dns but they're still not being used.

(as an aside they're on device en1 rather than utun1. DNS queries would
go outside of the IPSEC tunnel  even if they were working (duplicate of
https://wiki.strongswan.org/issues/522).

Fred