[strongSwan] Fwd: Question on rightsubnet

Guy Maman mamang at porticor.com
Sun Jan 4 16:13:12 CET 2015

Anybody?

-------- Forwarded Message --------
Subject: 	Question on rightsubnet
Date: 	Mon, 29 Dec 2014 15:08:49 +0200
From: 	Guy Maman <mamang at porticor.com>
To: 	users at lists.strongswan.org

Hi all,

What is the different between rightsubnet=%dynamic to omit the rightsubnet?

I have the same strongswan version on both client and server:
Linux strongSwan U5.1.2/K3.13.0-40-generic

I read that it's supposed to be the same behaviour:
/Instead of specifying a subnet, /%dynamic/ can be used to replace it
with the IKE address, having the same effect
as omitting /left|rightsubnet/ completely/

But for some reason when I omit the "rightsubnet" from the client, child
is created and connection is created.
When rightsubnet=%dynamic it's not working with the error:
/15[IKE] received INTERNAL_ADDRESS_FAILURE notify, no CHILD_SA built//
//15[IKE] failed to establish CHILD_SA, keeping IKE_SA/

Thanks
Guy