[strongSwan] HA plugin: stopping charon does not remove IKE_SA/CHILD_SA from other nodes

Emeric POUPON emeric.poupon at stormshield.eu
Fri Feb 27 17:07:05 CET 2015

Thanks for your answer, I missed that point!

Actually I'm running the cluster in active/passive mode (just 1 segment, two nodes). You're right: the monitoring/heartbeat is disabled since I already have an external tool to monitor the nodes.
The external tool directly control the segment responsibility using the ha socket.
In that particular configuration (no monitoring/heartbeat) stopping charon on the active node should clear the connections on the remote gateway (OK) and on the other node (not OK), right?

Best Regards,

Emeric