[strongSwan] recommandation with many connections and heavy stress testing

Ko, HsuenJu HsuenJu.Ko at stratus.com
Thu Feb 12 17:02:44 CET 2015

Hi,
We are doing stress testing with strongswan with over 256 connections and a lot of packets send/recv with default rekey time.  We experienced some connections being dropped and saw many rekey collision with (win or lose) messages from the log.  Is there any tuning parameters that we can use to help reduce the collision.  Does increase charon number of threads help?  Does reauth=no help?

Any help is deeply appreciated.
Bettina