[strongSwan] Socket-win installing virtual IP failed (Strongswan 5.3.5 mingw Windows 10 64bit)

C. Emeric curiousemeric at rotacioskapa.com
Tue Dec 29 08:35:18 CET 2015

Hello Noel,

Thanks for the response!
SO:
- Socket-win: module that binds on the socket
- Kernel-wfp: firewall module that installs rules
- Kernel-iph: ip related operations module

The windows implementation is my main gripe. The crypto choices are
abysmal for ikev2.
aes256-sha1-modp1024 even in windows 10! Otherwise the rekey fails.

Windows networking is a nightmare.
The MS ipsec implementation somehow brings up virtual ip-s as PPP links.
What kind of blackmagic it uses to do that is well beyond my imagination.
Maybe it only serves a loopback purpose, who knows?

Cheers,
Emeric