[strongSwan] Socket-win installing virtual IP failed (Strongswan 5.3.5 mingw Windows 10 64bit)

C. Emeric curiousemeric at rotacioskapa.com
Mon Dec 28 19:44:21 CET 2015

Hi!

I'm trying to get the a windows roadwarrior (strongswan) to connet to my
linux box.
All seem good, but the windows box can't seem to install virtual ip, dns
settings and traffic selectors.
[CFG] handling INTERNAL_IP4_DNS attribute failed
[CFG] handling INTERNAL_IP4_DNS attribute failed
[IKE] installing new virtual IP 10.0.0.10
[IKE] installing virtual IP 10.0.0.10 failed
[IKE] no acceptable traffic selectors found
[IKE] failed to establish CHILD_SA, keeping IKE_SA

On the windows box I'm using socket-win, with the internal windows
ikeext disabled.
Charon-svc is running in an admin cmd and I'm using a non-priv cmd to
call swanctl.
I've read that kernel-iph can't install virtual ips, but I thought
socket-win a completely separate userspace implementation.

My question is:
- Am I missing a point and utterly misread/interpreted the online wiki?

Regards
Emeric