[strongSwan] tearing my hair out over connection issue

Raina Matthews rainamatthews at gmail.com
Sat Dec 12 00:35:52 CET 2015

I've put logs in a previous post, but I wanted to reply and say, yes you
are correct, I don't really understand what many of the options do, but
I've been going through various configuration options over the past
several days trying everything and anything that might help me progress
further.  it doesn't seem to matter what I put in however, I always seem
to get the same issue.

I started off with some config that I pulled off a cisco website,
figuring that since the iOS ipsec client is branded as cisco, that might
be a good place to start.  when that didn't get me anywhere I went
through the various configs at
https://www.strongswan.org/uml/testresults/ikev1/ basically throwing in
various options that I thought might work, based on things I read
elsewhere regarding NAT and being behind firewalls etc

so please forgive the 'mess' of my config.  I've tried everything and
anything, and what was posted was what I had at the time.