[strongSwan] Identifying IPSEC user sessions

Jiri Horky jiri.horky at gmail.com
Sun Apr 26 06:50:20 CEST 2015

Hi Andrew,

thanks for the response. We too have separate certificate per client,
but do not use xauth (MAC issues). The problem with certs is that they
do not provide unique session ids per multiple sessions from the same
user. So in case you lose down event, you will have troubles matching
the right events together (this could be done by analyzing the stream of
events - e.g. if you receive start event again without proper stop of
the previous session, you would have to account it as stop event of
previous session as well). But we wanted to avoid this...

Cheers
Jirka H.