[strongSwan] To configure strongswan libraries path.

Krishna G, Suhas (Nokia - IN/Bangalore) suhas.krishna_g at nokia.com
Tue Apr 21 12:34:55 CEST 2015

Hi,

I am upgrading from strongswan 4.4.0 to strongswwan 5.2.2. I am facing one issue during the upgrade. I see that the strongswan library files are written under a separate directory - "ipsec" inside the lib directory. I found the following upgrade note related to the same in the NEWS section:

strongswan-4.5.3

- Our private libraries (e.g. libstrongswan) are not installed directly in
  prefix/lib anymore.  Instead a subdirectory is used (prefix/lib/ipsec/ by
  default).  The plugins directory is also moved from libexec/ipsec/ to that
  directory.

So, this change is applicable from any version taken after 4.5.3. To incorporate this change, we need to make a lot of changes in our environment. Is there a way I can avoid this and specify the path to the library files and the package folder currently present in lib/ipsec/ as compared to the old version where it was stored directly in lib/ . I was going through the compiler configure options and was not able to make out much related to this. Any options or suggestions regarding the same is deeply appreciated.

Thanks & Regards
Suhas