[strongSwan] No connection with windows7/8

Fred curious_freddy at gmsl.co.uk
Thu Apr 9 11:54:22 CEST 2015

On 09/04/2015 10:15, Marc Müller wrote:
> Hello,I can not connect from a Windows client to the server Strongswan.
> But I try the Fritzbox should connect to the server Strongswan If this
> works. If I want from a Windows client to the Strongswan via VPN
> connection I get the error 800”The VPNserver may beunreachable.”(But
> with the Fritzbox I can connect?) In the log files If nothing. Only the
> Fritzbox are compounds with the Strongswan server.

You can always enable logs on Strongswan.

e.g.

charondebug="app 2, asn 2, chd 2, job 2, tnc 2, tls 2, knl 2, cfg 2, dmn
2, ike 2, net 2, lib 2, mgr 2"

Make sure the CA public cert is installed as a trusted CA on your
Windows machine for Windows to trust serverCert.pem, otherwise it will
refuse to connect.

Also make sure that the recommended certificate requirements are met for
serverCert.pem:

e.g. --flag serverAuth --flag ikeIntermediate

Fred