[strongSwan] Using syslog logger for charon

divya mohan m.divya.mohan at zoho.com
Sat Apr 4 07:14:16 CEST 2015

Hi,

I want to use syslog logger for charon.
I want logs of level 0 in my syslog (that would be /var/log/syslog)  and
logs of level 1 in debug log (/varlog/debug).

My /etc/syslog.conf already has the mechanism to redirect the logs of level
'debug' to /var/log/debug and keep only 'info' logs in /var/log/syslog.

The problem I am facing with charon is that, all logs (including those in
level 4) are written with level as 'info'.
e.g:

Apr  4 08:00:50.314158 info CFPU-0 charon: 13[IKE]   16: 14 00 00 01 01
Apr  4 08:00:50.314158 info CFPU-0 charon: 13[IKE] natd_hash => 20 bytes @
0x1200b90a0

Is there a mechanism to change the level of required log to 'debug', so
that they will get automatically redirected to /var/log/debug.

- Divya